You lose control of your time when you:
- Start late for work or an appointment.
- Arrive late, making excuses.
- Allow interruptions to detour your planned activities.
- Become rushed and pressured and, therefore, under stress.
- See unforeseen events as “big deals”.
- Become the victim with thoughts like “why me?”
- Feel exhausted and depleted at the end of the day.
- Finish your day complaining about what went wrong.
- Measure your day in terms of what didn’t get done instead of what did.
You maintain control of your time when you:
- Plan your activities a day in advance.
- Prioritize those activities.
- Start on time.
- Show up on time.
- Refuse to get side tracked.
- Eliminate disruptions.
- Don’t get emotionally upset.
- Maintain a positive attitude in all things.
- Plan your work- then work your plan.
- Complete your day by setting your agenda for the next day.
Where do you see yourself?